Beagle Pup and Bulldog Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KAJ55

Bulldog Magnetos Empty Bulldog Magnetos

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:15 pm
Thought I would try and get a conversation going on the topic of Bulldog magnetos

I operate a Bulldog with the engine having just over 238 hours since its last overhaul. Bendix magnetos are presently fitted (Part No 10-349305-1 and Part No 10-349365-9). The aircraft is on the CAA Register.
I am looking into either overhauling the Bendix magnetos or replacing them with an alternative type of magneto. I have contacted several companies and asked for costs to overhaul Bendix magnetos and/or provide alternative, new magnetos.
I wonder if members have any advice/experiences/knowledge that they could share to help make a final decision on the best path forward. My additional questions to the companies were:
>> regarding reliability, would you recommend overhauling the Bendix magnetos or a new alternative magneto? Any other thoughts on reliability of magnetos?
>> would I also need to replace the harness as well overhauling/replacing the magnetos?
>> should I replace the spark plugs at the same time?
>> any other thoughts that I should consider from your experience of ignition systems?
Any input from members would be greatly appreciated,
KAJ55
KAJ55

Bulldog Magnetos Empty Re: Bulldog Magnetos

Wed May 29, 2019 3:49 pm
In the end I decided to stick with my Bendix magnetos and had them overhauled.
KAJ55
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum